Shipping and returns
Some products in our online store have their packaging and delivery costs automatically calculated at checkout.
These fees have been estimated to the best of our knowledge, based on an average, for delivery in Quebec and Ontario. These costs include packaging, delivery and transportation insurance.
However, additional charges may be added to your invoice once your order has been processed. We will notify you of these charges either before production begins or prior to order delivery. We will send you a link by email allowing you to pay these additional fees directly online on our website.
Here are some factors that could result in additional fees:
- Remote area
- Accessibility of the premises
- Shipping address outside of Quebec or Ontario
- Shipping address outside of Canada
You can contact us prior to purchasing for an estimate of these additional costs. If the delivery address is outside of Canada or outside of Quebec and Ontario and you have not received an estimate for these additional charges upon placing your order, we will contact you to provide you with one. We will not start production of your order until you have approved these fees. Any additional charges are billed separately from the initial purchase of the product and paid by the customer directly on our website from a link sent by email.
Packing and Third-party Delivery
- Handling: All our products are carefully packaged and identified for delivery. However, we have no control over the handling quality of the carriers, whether Purolator, Canada Post, Dicom, Dicom Fret, UPS, UPS Freight or others.
- Unless otherwise specified, items are shipped standard.
- Delivery Time: Pur Béton is not responsible for the time taken by a third-party carrier to execute the delivery and cannot be held liable either for any inconvenience, monetary loss, penalty, or extra charge of any kind incurred by the customer should any delivery take longer than anticipated.
- Changes to Shipping Address: Once your order has been prepared for shipment or has been shipped, we usually are unable to change the shipping address. In the event the carrier agrees to change the shipping address after your order was shipped, you agree to pay prior to delivery any additional costs which are incurred to change the shipping address.
- Single or Multiple Shipments: All samples, small top basins, brackets & supports, drains and maintenance kits will be sent via courier service such as Purolator, Canada Post, Dicom, UPS or other. If the customer is ordering a large number of these items, the shipment(s) may be sent on one or multiple pallet(s) via freight carrier with ground-level delivery.
- Failed Delivery Attempts: Most carriers such as UPS or Purolator will make two attempts to deliver a package. After these two attempts, the carrier may return the package to a pick-up point or decide to send it back to Pur Béton. The customer will thus be billed for any additional charges incurred, including the cost to resend the product(s).
- Signature: Please note that no package will be left unattended or without the customer’s signature as this would automatically cancel the insurance contract.
Delivery by Pur Béton
- Delivery Date: In the event that Pur Béton and the customer agree that product delivery will be ensured by Pur Béton (instead of a third-party carrier), Pur Béton will contact the customer at least 24‑48 hours in advance to schedule a delivery date and a time slot (during normal business hours, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., excluding holidays). Upon completion of delivery, the customer shall sign a delivery slip.
- Material Damages: Pur Béton shall not be liable for any material damage caused by anyone who is not an employee or a subcontractor of Pur Béton, including the customer’s clients, contractors, employees, stakeholders, suppliers or any others.
- Site Access: the customer shall provide Pur Béton with sufficient and safe access for product delivery to its final location at the project site. It is the customer’s responsibility to obtain in advance all building management approvals necessary for delivery and ensure, by measurement, that the physical dimensions of available freight elevators, loading and unloading areas, hallways, door frames, and the like, are sufficient to accommodate the product.
- Alternate Location: In the event that the customer is unable to provide sufficient or safe access for delivery of the product to its final location at the project site, the customer shall designate a secure location at or near the project site where the product can be delivered by Pur Béton. If the product cannot be delivered for any reason or if Pur Béton must set another delivery date for the product, the customer will be held responsible and will have to pay any additional costs incurred.
Package Receiving - Damaged Merchandise
- As with any delivery, it is important to thoroughly inspect the package or crate for damage BEFORE signing the delivery slip. Please note that once you sign this delivery note, ownership of merchandise is transferred to you; your signature confirming that you have inspected the shipment and that it is in good condition.
- Therefore, please open your package or crate immediately to check its condition, report any damage to the carrier BEFORE signing AND clearly describe the damage on the bill of lading.
- In addition, please inform us of any damage within 24 hours of delivery so that we can start the claim process. Any claim made beyond this 24-hour window may be denied.
- Please also keep ALL packaging and products for inspection by the carrier (possibly at a later date) or until you receive further instructions. You may be required to send photos of the damaged product or return the damaged product to us. If upon delivery you notice that the product is damaged from the outside of the package or crate, please simply refuse the shipment and contact us within 24 hours to notify us of the situation.
Items shipped to customers outside of Canada may be subject to customs clearance, brokerage fees, import taxes or any other related charges. These costs are at the expense of the importing customer. International transport companies, such as UPS, may offer a brokerage service for customs clearance. In such cases, fees can be paid directly to these carriers at the time of delivery. If you have your own customs broker, please provide us with their contact information so that we can include this information with the shipping documents.
As a general rule, manufacturing is done as orders are received. Once production has begun, changes to orders are usually no longer possible. We will attempt to accommodate your requests for changes, but additional costs may be incurred and we reserve the right to reject such requests.
Cancellation, return or exchange are not permitted for orders of custom-made, semi-customized and custom-coloured products.
If you are not satisfied with your purchase, any exchanges for an item of the same value or refunds may be possible. However, shipping costs are not refundable. And any return of the item(s) is at your expense. We accept exchanges or refunds for a period of 30 days following the purchase. The item must be returned in its original condition and packaging. Any damaged product will not be exchanged or refunded. A 15% restocking fee applies to any refund.
All custom-made or semi-customized designs (BASK Collection, Configurable Sinks) as well as any special order including custom-coloured items and any final sale items are non-refundable and non-exchangeable.
Manufacturing Lead time
Most of our production is made to order. An estimated manufacturing time is indicated on our website, in the product data sheets. These lead times may indeed vary and we will confirm them once your order has been placed.
In spite of the targeted deadline, and even if it is in no way to our advantage, we may have to extend deadlines in order to meet our high quality standards.
It may also occur, although risks are very low, that we may have to recast a workpiece and that an additional period of time is required, if necessary.
We are committed to keeping you informed of any changes.
Do not hesitate to contact us in order to validate the manufacturing lead times before placing your order.