Terms and conditions
We strive to ensure that you get the most out of our know-how and have a pleasant and more than satisfying shopping experience.
Please read all our terms and conditions before completing your order online.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us directly by email at: [email protected] or by phone at: 514-886-2444.
By using this website, you agree to all the terms and conditions listed below, the Pur Béton company - or Pur Béton Inc. in its legal form - hereinafter referred to as "we" or "us" and the client, hereinafter referred to as "you" or "the customer":
PAYMENT AND TERMS & TERMS OF SALE
- All transactions are processed in Canadian dollars.
- We will process any approved orders received on weekends or holidays on the next business day. Business days are Monday through Friday, excluding legal holidays and our annual holidays.
Payment Methods and Terms
- We accept Interac e-transfers, bank transfers, credit card payments (Visa, MasterCard & Discover) and cheques.
- Payment for all products is due in full at the time of purchase. Orders will not be processed and products will not be manufactured unless and until payment in full is received. The customer agrees that all products shall remain the property of Pur Béton until payment is received in full and products are shipped.
- Prices shown on our online store are subject to change without notice.
- Pur Béton shall have no obligation to pay for labour costs or other costs incurred for the installation or removal of any of our products.
- The resale of any Pur Béton product without its express written consent is strictly prohibited.
- Many of Pur Béton products are subject to provincial and federal copyright and trademark laws. The customer shall not take any actions that would violate any of Pur Béton’s copyrights, trademarks, artisan lien, or other applicable common law or statutory rights.
Errors and Omissions
While we do our best to ensure that pricing and product information on our website are accurate, some typographical errors may occur. We apologize for any inconsistency, but reserve the right not to fulfill orders based on wrong pricings on our website or any other information found on our printed or electronic media.
Packing and Third-party Delivery
- Handling: All our products are carefully packaged and identified for delivery. However, we have no control over the handling quality of the carriers, whether Purolator, Canada Post, Dicom, Dicom Fret, UPS, UPS Freight or others.
- Unless otherwise specified, items are shipped standard.
- Delivery Time: Pur Béton is not responsible for the time taken by a third-party carrier to execute the delivery and cannot be held liable either for any inconvenience, monetary loss, penalty, or extra charge of any kind incurred by the customer should any delivery take longer than anticipated.
- Changes to Shipping Address: Once your order has been prepared for shipment or has been shipped, we usually are unable to change the shipping address. In the event the carrier agrees to change the shipping address after your order was shipped, you agree to pay prior to delivery any additional costs which are incurred to change the shipping address.
- Single or Multiple Shipments: All samples, small top basins, brackets & supports, drains and maintenance kits will be sent via courier service such as Purolator, Canada Post, Dicom, UPS or other. If the customer is ordering a large number of these items, the shipment(s) may be sent on one or multiple pallet(s) via freight carrier with ground-level delivery.
- Failed Delivery Attempts: Most carriers such as UPS or Purolator will make two attempts to deliver a package. After these two attempts, the carrier may return the package to a pick-up point or decide to send it back to Pur Béton. The customer will thus be billed for any additional charges incurred, including the cost to resend the product(s).
- Signature: Please note that no package will be left unattended or without the customer’s signature as this would automatically cancel the insurance contract.
Delivery by Pur Béton
- Delivery Date: In the event that Pur Béton and the customer agree that product delivery will be ensured by Pur Béton (instead of a third-party carrier), Pur Béton will contact the customer at least 24‑48 hours in advance to schedule a delivery date and a time slot (during normal business hours, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., excluding holidays). Upon completion of delivery, the customer shall sign a delivery slip.
- Material Damages: Pur Béton shall not be liable for any material damage caused by anyone who is not an employee or a subcontractor of Pur Béton, including the customer’s clients, contractors, employees, stakeholders, suppliers or any others.
- Site Access: the customer shall provide Pur Béton with sufficient and safe access for product delivery to its final location at the project site. It is the customer’s responsibility to obtain in advance all building management approvals necessary for delivery and ensure, by measurement, that the physical dimensions of available freight elevators, loading and unloading areas, hallways, door frames, and the like, are sufficient to accommodate the product.
- Alternate Location: In the event that the customer is unable to provide sufficient or safe access for delivery of the product to its final location at the project site, the customer shall designate a secure location at or near the project site where the product can be delivered by Pur Béton. If the product cannot be delivered for any reason or if Pur Béton must set another delivery date for the product, the customer will be held responsible and will have to pay any additional costs incurred.
Some products in our online store have their packaging and delivery costs automatically calculated at checkout.
These fees have been estimated to the best of our knowledge, based on an average, for delivery in Quebec and Ontario. These costs include packaging, delivery and transportation insurance.
However, additional charges may be added to your invoice once your order has been processed. We will notify you of these charges either before production begins or prior to order delivery. We will send you a link by email allowing you to pay these additional fees directly online on our website.
Here are some factors that could result in additional fees:
- Remote area
- Accessibility of the premises
- Shipping address outside of Quebec or Ontario
- Shipping address outside of Canada
You can contact us prior to purchasing for an estimate of these additional costs. If the delivery address is outside of Canada or outside of Quebec and Ontario and you have not received an estimate for these additional charges upon placing your order, we will contact you to provide you with one. We will not start production of your order until you have approved these fees. Any additional charges are billed separately from the initial purchase of the product and paid by the customer directly on our website from a link sent by email.
Package Receiving - Damaged Merchandise
- As with any delivery, it is important to thoroughly inspect the package or crate for damage BEFORE signing the delivery slip. Please note that once you sign this delivery note, ownership of merchandise is transferred to you; your signature confirming that you have inspected the shipment and that it is in good condition.
- Therefore, please open your package or crate immediately to check its condition, report any damage to the carrier BEFORE signing AND clearly describe the damage on the bill of lading.
- In addition, please inform us of any damage within 24 hours of delivery so that we can start the claim process. Any claim made beyond this 24-hour window may be denied.
- Please also keep ALL packaging and products for inspection by the carrier (possibly at a later date) or until you receive further instructions. You may be required to send photos of the damaged product or return the damaged product to us. If upon delivery you notice that the product is damaged from the outside of the package or crate, please simply refuse the shipment and contact us within 24 hours to notify us of the situation.
Items shipped to customers outside of Canada may be subject to customs clearance, brokerage fees, import taxes or any other related charges. These costs are at the expense of the importing customer. International transport companies, such as UPS, may offer a brokerage service for customs clearance. In such cases, fees can be paid directly to these carriers at the time of delivery. If you have your own customs broker, please provide us with their contact information so that we can include this information with the shipping documents.
As a general rule, manufacturing is done as orders are received. Once production has begun, changes to orders are usually no longer possible. We will attempt to accommodate your requests for changes, but additional costs may be incurred and we reserve the right to reject such requests.
Cancellation, return or exchange are not permitted for orders of custom-made, semi-customized and custom-coloured products.
If you are not satisfied with your purchase, any exchanges for an item of the same value or refunds may be possible. However, shipping costs are not refundable. And any return of the item(s) is at your expense. We accept exchanges or refunds for a period of 30 days following the purchase. The item must be returned in its original condition and packaging. Any damaged product will not be exchanged or refunded. A 15% restocking fee applies to any refund.
All custom-made or semi-customized designs (BASK Collection, Configurable Sinks) as well as any special order including custom-coloured items and any final sale items are non-refundable and non-exchangeable.
Manufacturing Lead time
Most of our production is made to order. An estimated manufacturing time is indicated on our website, in the product data sheets. These lead times may indeed vary and we will confirm them once your order has been placed.
In spite of the targeted deadline, and even if it is in no way to our advantage, we may have to extend deadlines in order to meet our high quality standards.
It may also occur, although risks are very low, that we may have to recast a workpiece and that an additional period of time is required, if necessary.
We are committed to keeping you informed of any changes.
Do not hesitate to contact us in order to validate the manufacturing lead times before placing your order.
HANDCRAFT MANUFACTURING CONDITIONS
- Concrete material is worked in an artisanal way. Concrete pieces handcrafted by Pur Béton have unique effects and marks that are more or less present from one another. Although each element is manufactured with great precision, no two parts are identical. Each has its own marks, variations and charms;
- For custom-made, semi-customized or custom-coloured designs, the craftsman alone has the decision-making power on the final artistic outcome in the workshop.
Product Durability and Appearance
- Hues: Colour shades may slightly vary between the selected samples and the end result. Within a same project, hues may also vary from one piece to another;
- Consistency: You have probably made your choice of finishes from the photos, documentation or samples provided. Be aware that these tools cannot represent the full spectrum of potential effects the piece may have once completed. You understand that concrete is a complex material that produces unexpected yet desirable effects that make it look and feel authentic and alive. If you have any doubts or concerns, please feel free to contact us, we will be happy to answer your questions;
- The efflorescence, heterogeneous aspect of the surface, porosity, hairline cracks* and mould markings are an integral part of the material. This is what differentiates it from industrial and synthetic products. These effects and the patina that concrete products will acquire with age and use are in no way considered manufacturing defects;
*Hairline cracks may develop during the expansion and shrinkage phases during concrete curing. These microcracks do not cause parts to separate. They are superficial, sometimes visible and generally non-absorbent and barely noticeable to the touch
- Aging: Concrete undergoes natural wear and tear over time. And even if the concrete piece is sealed properly, rings may appear over time, even if you follow Pur Béton's recommendations.
- Chipping/Scratching: Concrete is a very durable material, but it may chip if struck with another hard object. Scratches can form on the concrete surface if a sharp or rough object is dragged or forcefully rubbed on it. Pur Béton is not responsible for the repair or replacement of any chipped or scratched product after delivery.
- Cracking: Cracks may form in concrete due to stress, movement, shrinkage, weathering (freeze-thaw) or abusive use of the product. Surface cracks may appear and are considered acceptable in the concrete industry. We are not responsible for the repair or replacement of products with such surface cracks.
- Sealants: We make sure that our concrete pieces leave our shop perfectly sealed with a hybrid polyurethane acrylic sealant. All sealants used on our concrete products are food safe and designed to withstand normal use. However, highly acidic products such as lemon juice, mustard, vinegar, sodas and cleaners or soaps containing vinegar or citric acid and other harsh chemicals or solvents such as acetone, ammonia, hydrogen peroxide, bleach, etc. should be avoided or cleaned off of the concrete surface as quickly as possible. In fact, these substances can "eat" away the sealant and therefore expose or stain your concrete. Of course, there are other items or products that can damage your sealant. We have tested the most common ones, but please take the usual precautions to protect your concrete. Stains can also appear when the sealant is compromised (e.g. cutting on its surface or using abrasive cleaners or scouring pads, etc.). Pur Béton cannot be held responsible for the repair or replacement of products on which stains form after delivery was made.
WARRANTIES AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
We guarantee our concrete pieces against manufacturing defects and against structural cracks for a period of 2 years. This warranty does not include or cover 1) superficial cracks, 2) damage caused during installation or due to improper installation, 3) damage caused by improper cleaning or care, 4) damage caused by improper use, 5) damage caused by acts of abuse to the products causing scratches, chips, stains or other marks/damage, or 6) damage caused by drilling or attempting to alter the product contrary to its original design and acceptance.
Variations in colour and surfacing (colour intensity and uniformity, casting effects, stains, hairline cracks, halos, calcium buildups, efflorescence, variations in reflection or surface conditions) are normal characteristics for concrete products. These effects and the patina that concrete products will acquire with age and use can in no way be considered manufacturing defects;
This limited warranty is applicable from the date of product’s original purchase or delivery and is non-transferable, thus only valid for the original owner.
Damage due to improper installation by a third party, shock due to negligence or accident, misuse, vandalism, natural disasters or other acts of God are not covered by the warranty.
Any transformations or alterations made to our products and/or supporting structure automatically void the warranty. The warranty is limited to the repair or replacement or reimbursement of the part manufactured by Pur Béton and provided that the claim is made within the warranty period. The warranty covers the replacement or repair or reimbursement of the defective part and is subject to Pur Béton’s sole discretion. Labour costs and any other related costs (plumbing, adjacent materials and transportation costs) for the replacement of one of our products are not covered by the warranty.
PUR BÉTON INC. SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY TO THE CUSTOMER OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE ALLEDGEDLY CAUSED DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY BY THE PRODUCTS OR SERVICES PROVIDED HEREUNDER , INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY INTERRUPTION OF SERVICE, LOSS OF BUSINESS, ANTICIPATORY PROFITS, OR DIRECT, SPECIAL OR INDIRECT DAMAGES.
BY PURCHASING AND INSTALLING OUR PRODUCTS, YOU AGREE THAT PUR BÉTON INC., ITS MEMBERS, EMPLOYEES AND/OR AFFILIATES, CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ACCIDENT OR DAMAGE THAT MAY RESULT FROM THE MISUSE OF ANY OF PUR BÉTON’S PRODUCTS.
Product Image Disclaimer
We try to provide the most accurate images possible. However, due to variations in computer screens and various brightness and contrast settings, we cannot guarantee that the colour represented in a product image on your screen is exactly as it will appear in the physical world. The same applies to all printed documents due to variations in the printing process.
- All molds manufactured by Pur Béton for the customer are the property of Pur Béton and shall remain its property throughout the project and thereafter. The customer agrees that it has no ownership rights to these molds nor shall be entitled to them whether or not the project is completed or cancelled for any reason whatsoever.
- The customer acknowledges that all drawings and/or electronic files that may accompany the product are and shall remain the property of Pur Béton and shall not be modified, reproduced or retransmitted in any form whatsoever without the express written consent of Pur Béton.
- While Pur Béton makes every effort to provide the most accurate and complete drawings and/or electronic files, it is the customer's responsibility to review such drawings and/or electronic files to ensure that they are in accordance with the customer’s specifications and to promptly notify Pur Béton of any inaccuracies. Pur Béton takes no liability for any inaccuracies that were not brought to its attention before the product is manufactured.
- Unless otherwise specified, the client authorizes Pur Béton to take and retain photographs of the project once delivery has been made. These photographs shall be the property of Pur Béton and the customer understands and agrees that Pur Béton may use these photographs in its business operations and in its various printed and electronic media, including its promotional and advertising materials. The customer acknowledges that he has no ownership or other rights to these photographs or their subsequent use.
The secret of our success lies in the respect and dedication we have always shown to our customers. We care that this respect is also shown on Internet. We are committed to protecting the privacy of our customers' personal data in an electronic environment. Pur Béton will therefore not disclose to third parties any confidential information about its customers (name, address, phone and fax numbers or email address).
The information you entrust to us is valuable and is intended for our sole use. In all circumstances, they will be treated in such a way as to preserve their confidentiality. For no reason, we will not sell or trade this data collected through our site. Similarly, we will never accept or take steps to obtain personal information about you unless you choose to provide it to us yourself. The information we request from you is intended only to help us get to know you better; we use it to adapt our website content to our customers’ profile. This way, we make sure to always serve you better.
Your email address will only be used to send you information about special offers and new features on our website. It will not be disclosed to anyone else (organization, company or other). We will collect other information about you through other electronic means, such as the URL from which you linked to our website as well as your browser type. We will use this information to customize our website according to your interests and preferences. The "cookie" technology is widely used on the Internet. It is harmless and can in no way transmit computer viruses to your computer. Do not worry: no "cookie" can identify you.
Be assured that all your payment information is kept safe through our secure online platform. We have no access to this information. Moreover, the e-commerce solution we use does not keep any credit card numbers on its servers or on any emails of its platform and meets industry standards in terms of transaction security. Your transactions are therefore processed with maximum security.
FOR MORE INFO
If you have any questions, concerns or comments, you can contact us by email at: [email protected] or by phone at: 514-886-2444.